Monday 23 September 2013

One martini, two martini...

Another member and I were chatting about the Club's popular weekly Thursday martini night, where  between 5-7 pm you and your guests only pay $5 per martini. The other member wondered out loud about the actual value of our $5 martini because he believed the martinis were smaller. That surprised me, because I always found the martinis to be excellent, and plenty large and powerful.

So I checked in with our bartender, Al, for the straight goods. 


It turns out that the other member was right - the $5.00 martinis are served in a smaller glass. But it also turns out that I am right - the "smaller glass" holds a 2.5 oz martini. 

Remember everywhere else a standard bar shot or martini is only 1.5 oz, so on Thursday nights at the Club you are getting an extra ounce and we still only charge $5.

By the way, the rest of the week the standard size for our normal price ($10.00) martinis is 3.5 oz. 

I guess that's where the saying "one martini, two martini, three martini, floor" comes from!

Kamal Hassan

Chair
Communications Committee